FANDOM

Welcome to Wikianswers Pets. What would you like to know?

Chocolate is toxic to dogs, so no, you shouldn't feed it to them. However, this does not mean you should panic if your dogs does happen to eat some. The toxicity level is approximately .3 to .7 ounces of chocolate candy per pound of body weight, depending on the type (milk chocolate is the least toxic) of chocolate. A decent sized dog of 60 pounds would have to eat 1 to 3 pounds of chocolate candy to suffer any sort of toxic reaction. An 8 pound chihuahua would need only 2 to 6 ounces. [1]

ReferencesEdit

  1. petMD - Dog Chocolate Poisoning